Looking out from Ash Cave
Hocking Hills, Ohio
April 2010
Whenever I talk to my good friend Dom, I always get reignited with my passion for traveling. It always comes up in topic because he loves to explore just as much as I! But these dreams of mine to go so many places in this world seem to be settling on true, idealistic goals that will help me move forward toward my ultimate adventurism.
Something awesome happened to me. And that my friends was paying off my beautiful Toyota Corolla that I now officially OWN!! Which is a huge financial relief as I was paying $600/month to get it paid off earlier than the loan would end (saves money in interest over all). SOOO, I want to use that money to save as a travel fund :) to do such wonderful and beautiful things in this life that I've been dreaming of.
One of those trips would be next fall with my friend Dom traveling across Canada from Toronto to Vancouver as a road trip. I still don't really know too many places in Canada but I do know that it's a beautifully large country with people spread out everywhere. So, there would be a lot of terrain to cover without the annoyance of tourists (at least in a lot of spots..).
The other idea I just recently had was to take advantage of other photographers. Pro photographers that have been running in a certain category of photography for a long time run photography workshops where you can show up, travel with them, and learn. I love nature photography. Particularly landscapes. And there's a landscape photographer that I follow named Richard Bernabe. He just recently ran a trip to Iceland where 11 workshoppees could follow, learn from Richard and his co-host, and actually travel through different sections of that country all the while learning from them. I've been trying to get an excuse to get out west and something like this workshop would be AMAZING to be a part of!!
http://www.richardbernabe.com/arches_canyonlands_workshop2013.htm
Check out some of Richard's work by clicking here.
So, I just had to spew out my raging excitement before getting my day started <3 br="br"> Life is full of wonder.
Brooke
3>
.jpg)
1 comment:
Same here... couldn't have said it better! Talking to you reminds me of the fact that there's nothing wrong with me not wanting to lead a boring life! :-)
I think planning that trip would be a great activity for the boring, cold and rainy days of autumn and winter.
Post a Comment