Basically, I started feeling absolutely terrible about my upcoming birthday last week due to the fact that my 22nd birthday fell on the doomed "Black Friday". I work full time in retail and was required as an assistant manager to work a 12 hour shift and I wanted the night shift so I could have my actual birth day off. So 11pm-11:30am is what I ended up working. Mind you, I couldn't get myself to sleep the evening before I started the shift other than a short and very interupted 1 hour power nap. So, I was wrecked by the end of my shift. In fact, I don't even remember half my drive home because I was THAT tired. And I'm pretty sure I actually fell asleep a few minutes along the highway. I checked my phone too on the way home at some stop lights and I hadn't gotten hardly any texts, messages, or anything from people wishing me "Happy Birthday" or anything of the sort and I started to feel terrible... like no body cared. My own husband didn't even send me anything! By the time I got home I was almost in tears thinking everyone forgot about me. When I pulled into the driveway, this appeared on the door:
I instantly forgot about how sad I was feeling and became insanely curious to what was hiding behind that door. And then, I got EXTREMELY excited. Like my inner kid was instantly awakened and I was alive. When I turned the door knob, I was greeted with what you see in this video:
Basically, I was reminded of how loved I am. And how much people really do care. I give all of my soul to others and it feels so amazing to be given it back every once in a while. It was an instant recharge. The entire 'pirates' theme was leading up to my main present in which you see I get at the end of that video which was the full Pirates of the Caribbean blu-ray set which came packaged in an actual treasure chest. STOKED.
You see, my love for this theme of Pirates runs so much deeper than the movies. It's the idea that piracy was originally formed off of. The first true independence to any nationality in our recorded history (well, other than the Viking culture) in which our entire Declaration of Independence from the British reign was forged. The idea that any one person could become what they wanted by the act of doing is what gives me pride to call myself an American. But also respect to what such ideas were inspired from. I have the ability to be all that I can be (minus a few swashbuckling adventures...) no matter what troubles I face, how much stronger the ships I meet, how furousious the storms I pass, and how torn my sails become, I will continue to be all that I can be because I have the will to always carry on, no matter what.
But you see, that's just a beginning into the reasons I love Pirates so much in general. The stories of unweilding adventure, raging sea monsters, famous captains like Morgan and his bucanneers. I'm instantly drawn in when the word is just mentioned. I kind of always have been to anything that offers such adventure.
So, you can kind of see why this whole birthday means sooo much to me. On top of that, I turned 22. Which so happens to be my lucky number, and my favorite number. To start it off with such a bang makes me feel warm, hopeful, and happy inside to make anything come true. I wished a giant wish when I blew my candles out this year and I will get to it. One way or another.
So anyway, the rest of the day was amazing. My parents stayed over all day and we watched the very latest Pirates movie called On Stranger Tides and then watched the making for it and Curse of the Black Pearl! Had cake, ice cream, and enjoyed delicious fire-roasted chicken into the late hours of the evening (my time clock was soooo thrown that day. 6pm felt like 2am!)
But, I got lovely presents from the family. Including a pair of boots I've been wanting since the age of 11 when I "used" to want to be Lara Croft. And, used birthday money to finally get myself a Wii system. I now own all video game systems other than a DS! Well on my way!
Let's just wrap this up and say this was the best birthday I have ever experienced in my entire life.
Enormous thank you's to Paul <3 If it weren't for you, this literally wouldn't have happened.
-Brooke
2 comments:
awesome... the amount of smoke in the video is amazing! :-)
Yeah! That was all my dad. He's always thinking about stuff like that ;D
Post a Comment